University of Alabama at Birmingham - Department of Environmental Health Sciences
1720 2nd Ave South
Birmingham, AL 35294
Environmental Health looks at different factors in our environment and tries to understand their role in the health of individuals and populations. This concentration addresses the environmental risk factors – such as smoke, water, and airborne pollutants – pose to certain populations and their health. Students who concentrate in Environmental Health are well versed in the variety of approaches used to assess risk levels associated with the environment and public health.
Environmental Health is one of the smaller departments in the UAB School of Public Health, but can boast an extensive list of successful graduates now working in all areas and levels of government, including regulatory bodies, enforcement and intelligence; an extensive array of industrial settings including manufacturing, entertainment, and remediation; the US military, helping to ensure the safety of US troops; as well as several who are now tenured or tenure-earning faculty at several excellent institutions, including UAB!
The Department of Environmental Health Sciences offers four MPH degrees:
• MPH in Environmental Health and Toxicology
• MPH in Environmental Health and Toxicology - Online Degree
• MPH in Occupational Health and Safety
• MPH in Occupational Health and Safety - Online Degree
• MPH in Industrial Hygiene
• MPH in Industrial Hygiene - Online Degree
• MPH Accelerated Program in Industrial Hygiene
• Fast Track MPH (5th Year Program)
The Department of Environmental Health Sciences offers two MSPH degrees:
• Master of Science in Public Health in Environmental Health Toxicology
• Master of Science in Public Health in Industrial Hygiene
The Department of Environmental Health Sciences offers a PhD degree in Environmental Health Sciences:
• PhD Degree in Environmental Health Sciences - This degree has two foci: Environmental Health Sciences Research & Industrial Hygiene
Graduate Certificate in Global Health Studies:
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is pleased to offer an accredited graduate certificate programin Global Health Studies (GHS) through The UAB Sparkman Center for Global Health. This 15-hour certificate program will be offered to any UAB graduate student or anyone enrolled as a UAB non-degree seeking graduate student who wishes to gain knowledge and skills in the field of global health.