Juniata College - Environmental Science and Studies Department
1700 Moore Street
Huntingdon, PA 16652
The Environmental Science Department:
• Ranked 7th nationally for undergrad science summer research.
• With intensive field experiences and easy access to world-class geological and ecological zones, our location is our classroom.
• Live and study at Juniata’s field station on Raystown Lake.
• 85% of our environmental science students who went to grad school were admitted with FULL funding.
• Our flexible curriculum encourages study abroad.
The Environmental Science Department offers four designated POEs.
• Environmental Science - An interdisciplinary program which emphasizes core natural science coursework supplemented by a selection of humanities and social science courses.
• Environmental Studies - A broad interdisciplinary POE including courses in the sciences, social sciences and the humanities with plenty of room for individualization.
• Wildlife Conservation - The new Wildlife Conservation POE is designed to provide students with both the practical skills and the theoretical knowledge necessary to work as a professional in the field of wildlife conservation, using a multi-disciplinary approach to the study of wild animals and their habitats. Students have the option of selecting from a variety of courses offered at Juniata, including wildlife biology and management, zoology, botany, and chemistry.
• Environmental Economics
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Certificate Program - Geographic Information System (GIS) and spatial reasoning are a mainstay knowledge base for working professionals in environmental science, resource management, local and regional planning, disease monitoring and evaluation, real estate, military planning, and social science research. The Juniata GIS certificate program has two tracks to prepare a student for a career in any of the GIS fields. The first track has a focus on Environmental Science. This track has more courses in field methods in GIS and spatial analysis. The second track has a focus on Information Technology. This track has more courses in programming and data mining.