Indiana University’s School of Public and Environmental Affairs (SPEA) was the first school of its kind to combine public policy and management with environmental science. From the start, SPEA focused on applied problem solving—assembling teams to tackle pressing issues from water quality management to the impact of deregulation.
Today, we’re home to the #1 ranked graduate program in public affairs (tied, U.S. News & World Report). We’re also ranked #1 in Environmental Policy and Management.
With more than 90 full-time and 100 part-time faculty members, SPEA provides international scope, influential research, and focused opportunities for students to pair a comprehensive foundation of knowledge with hands-on experience in the field.
SPEA’s academic programs related to Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety:
• Environmental Management (BSPA)
• Environmental Science (BSES)
• Environmental & Sustainability Studies (BAESS)
• Healthcare Management & Policy (BSHMP)
• Public Affairs (MPA)
--Environmental Policy & Natural Resource Management
--Sustainability and Sustainable Development
• Environmental Science (MSES)
--Environmental Chemistry, Toxicology, & Risk Assessment
• Public Affairs-Environmental Science Dual Degree (MPA-MSES)
--Environmental Systems Analysis & Modeling
• SPEA Connect Online MPA & Certificate Programs
• Additional Dual Degrees (including joint JD/MPA)
• Public Affairs (Ph.D. PA)
• Public Policy (Ph.D. PP)
• Environmental Science (Ph.D. ES)