East Tennessee State University - Department of Environmental Health
1276 Gilbreath Dr., Box 70300
Johnson City, TN 37614
The Department of Environmental Health was formed in 1964. The B.S.E.H degree program is fully accredited by the National Environmental Health Science and Protection and Accreditation Council and was the first in the nation to be professionally accredited and reaccredited. The purpose of our department is to prepare environmental specialists by increasing understanding of interrelationships between environmental factors and human health.
Environmental health service needs are complex and increasing because of changes brought about by economic and technological advances. Technical specialists in environmental health require a comprehensive education in basic and applied sciences. The B.S.E.H. also provides strong preparation for graduate studies.
Degree Options Available:
• Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health (BSEH)
• Master of Science in Environmental Health (MSEH)
• Master of Public Health (MPH) in Environmental Health
• Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Environmental Health Sciences
• Environmental Health Minor
• Safety Minor