De Anza College - Department of Environmental Studies
21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
De Anza College's Environmental Studies Department integrates physical, biological, human, socioeconomic and political principles. Formal and non-formal methods of teaching help students acquire the basics of this field. These include a scientific foundation, an understanding of social and economic concepts, and an awareness of the behaviors that protect or damage the earth and its resources.
Students in this department are trained for exciting career opportunities in some of the fastest growing fields in the country. Participants range from entry-level students to already trained professionals. Highly qualified faculty and experienced students make this a rich learning opportunity.
The Environmental Studies Dept at DeAnza College offers:
8 General Education (GE) courses in both Environmental Studies (ES) and Environmental Science (ESCI).
Associates Degrees and vocational Certificates of Achievement (COA) in our 3 majors:
• Energy Management and Building Science (EM/BS)
• Environmental Resource Management and Pollution Prevention (ERM&P2)
• Wildlife Science Technician (WST)
Transfer opportunities to colleges and universities offering Bachelor's degree programs in Environmental Studies and Environmental Science, including:
• CSUs (San Jose State, San Francisco State, Sonoma State, CSU-East Bay, etc.)
• UCs (UC-Berkeley, UC-Davis, UC-Santa Cruz, etc.)
• Private Schools (Santa Clara University, University of San Francisco, etc.)
Come join us at the Kirsch Center to learn how together we can forge an environmentally sustainable future for both current & future generations!