California State University - Monterey Bay - College of Science
5108 Fourth Avenue
Marina, CA 93933
The College of Science is comprised of three academic units -- the Division of Science and Environmental Policy, the School of Computing and Design, and the Mathematics & Statistics Department. Within these academic units, students' learning experiences are organized thematically and topically with an emphasis on finding workable solutions to important local, regional, national, and global problems. Through their studies, students gain the knowledge and practical skills necessary to adapt and succeed while making useful contributions in a rapidly changing world.
Academic Mission Statement:
The mission of the College of Science is to empower the CSUMB learning community by providing:
• a broad-based, integrated approach to the study of science, technology, and mathematics
• the application of technology in the solution of a variety of problems in the sciences, mathematics, digital design and computing
• a framework for making informed and ethical choices in the information age
Division of Science & Environmental Policy (SEP)
Undergraduate programs, minors, and certificates:
• Biology B.S.
• Environmental Science, Technology & Policy B.S.
• Marine Science B.S.
• Environmental Studies B.A.
• Environmental Studies Minor
• Environmental Health Policy Minor [in conjunction with the Health, Human Services, and Public Policy Department]